Chad J. Porter is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate, Finance, Securities and Real Estate Groups. Mr. Porter joined Burns & Levinson in May of 2000.
He participates in a broad range of activities including mergers and acquisitions, commercial financing arrangements, securities transactions, general business affairs, business disputes, real estate transactions, intellectual property and compliance matters.
Mr. Porter received a J.D. degree from Boston University School of Law in 2001, and a B.S., magna cum laude, from Southern New Hampshire University in 1998. At Southern New Hampshire University he was a member of the Honor Society and graduated with a major in marketing and a minor in accounting. Mr. Porter is a member of the Massachusetts bar.
M & A Transactions
- Mergers, acquisitions and sales of a variety of companies and commercial assets with transactions ranging from several hundred thousand dollars to over $500 million
- $600 million sale of a public pharmaceuticals company
- $150 million roll up of several international distribution companies in 36 months
- $45 million sale of a plastics molding company
- $30 million acquisition of a resin distribution company
- $20 million sale of a pest services company
- $20 million acquisition of a chemical applications company
- Representing borrowers and lenders in billions of dollars of asset based, commercial and real estate financings and restructurings throughout the U.S. and internationally, including Canada, Mexico and others
- Structured $200 million credit facility for a major lending institution
- Structured $65 million credit facility for a major lending institution secured by multiple properties throughout the U.S. and Canada and sale of such facility to another lender
- Structured $125 million real estate financing and development facility for a major lending institution secured by multiple properties throughout the U.S.
- Structured $50 million syndicated revolving line of credit facility for a major lending institution secured by collateral throughout the U.S. and Canada
- Representing various U.S. and foreign based publicly listed companies with respect to reporting obligations, proxy and information statements, director and stockholder matters, as well as securities related transactions
- Represented NASDAQ listed pharmaceuticals company with respect to:
- $75 million convertible note offering and related tender/exchange offer
- $25 million PIPE and $35 million registered public offering
- $100 million royalty financing
- $150 million acquisition/merger
- $600 million sale tender offer/merger
- Represented domestic public companies operating in China with respect to:
- $25 million registered direct offering; and
- $3 million PIPE
- Josef Volman and Chad Porter were featured in the article "Pharmaceutical firms join forces in 'unique' deal worth $600 million-plus" in Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly on April 4, 2009. The article highlighted Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc completion of its initial tender offer to acquire Indevus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a long-term client of Burns & Levinson.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2001
- B.S., magna cum laude, Southern New Hampshire University, 1998
- At Southern New Hampshire University, Mr. Porter was a member of the Honor Society and graduated with a major in marketing and a minor in accounting.
4/3/2009, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly - Pharmaceutical firms join forces in 'unique' deal worth $600 million-plus
Josef Volman and Chad Porter were featured in this article regarding Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc completion of its initial tender offer to acquire Indevus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a long-term client of Burns & Levinson.