Mr. Losier has been with Burns & Levinson since 1999, and has nearly 20 years’ experience litigating in federal and state courts. His practice includes both complex civil litigation and felony criminal matters, as well as representing individuals and companies in state and federal investigations.
As a former Middlesex County assistant district attorney, Mr. Losier has a wealth of criminal law and jury trial experience. He prosecuted a wide variety of matters, including homicide, fraud, and civil rights cases in Superior Court. Additionally, he successfully briefed and argued cases in the Massachusetts Appeals Court and the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts. As Deputy Director of district courts in Middlesex County, he supervised a staff of more than fifty attorneys. This experience is critical to his successful defense of clients in state and federal criminal matters.
In private practice, Mr. Losier represents officers of both public and private companies responding to allegations of breaches of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation or fraud. His criminal experience includes economic espionage, tax fraud, health care fraud cases including medical device cases, RICO matters, as well as parallel civil/administrative and criminal proceedings. Additionally, Mr. Losier regularly coordinates and leads internal corporate investigations at the request of officers or directors. He also represents a variety of individuals and companies in employment litigation involving non-competition, non-disclosure and wage payment issues.
Mr. Losier has successfully represented several secondary school, college and graduate school students in disciplinary actions brought by school judiciary panels, and has successfully resolved related criminal cases facilitating the students’ continued enrollment in school.
- Lead counsel for national plastic manufacturer successfully defending charges of unfair competition and wrongful use of confidential trade secrets
- Counsel to prominent Boston-based graduate school leading an internal investigation into allegations of academic integrity violations
- Lead counsel to national rubber manufacturer successfully defending contract and negligence-based claims
- Lead counsel for criminal defendants and college students, obtaining dismissal of criminal charges and facilitating students continued attendance at prominent Massachusetts colleges
- Mr. Losier is member of the Boston Bar Association Criminal Section Steering Committee. He also serves on the board of directors for the Middlesex Partnership for Youth, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting school safety and preventing school based violence and substance abuse. Mr. Losier is also a board member and coach for the Action Boxboro Youth Hockey Association.
- J.D., cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 1992
- B.S., Colby College, 1989
- Mr. Losier was selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Rising Stars ® (2006). Super Lawyers and Rising Stars employ an annual jurisdictional selection process. Only five percent of lawyers in the state were selected to the Super Lawyers list and 2.5 percent to the Rising Stars list. The listing appears annually in the November issue of Boston magazine and in New England Super Lawyers.
3/30/2010, WTKK - Jay Severin show
David Losier was interviewed by Jay Severin regarding the pending anti-bullying law.
7/30/2007, WTKK - Jay Severin show
David Losier discussed with Jay the elements of crime and prosecution in the context of the hearings involving US Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.
David Losier Interview
11/20/2004, The Boston Globe - "Slaying Victim had Fled a Troubled Past"
David Losier was quoted in this article by Kathleen Burge and Michael Levenson.
Recent Articles and Publications:
USA Patriot Act
White Paper, Spring 2002
Boston Bar Association Panel Discussion, 11.16.2011
Location: Boston, MA
Topic: Subpoenas and Search Warrants
Boston Bar Assocation - Criminal Law Section Event, 4.27.2011
Location: Boston Bar Association
16 Beacon Street, Boston
Topic: The CSI Effect: Fact or Fiction?
Dental Seminar, 3.18.2011
Location: Burns & Levinson LLP, 125 Summer Street, Boston MA
Topic: Avoiding the Pitfalls of Dental Practice Transitions
Criminal Justice Program, 12.14.2009
Location: Boston Bar Association
Topic: Legislation filed by the Governor relating to mandatory minimum sentences and post-release supervision issues
Criminal Issues in the District and Probate Courts: Where Criminal Law and Family Law Collide, 10.10.2006
Mr. Losier co-hosted the Boston Bar Association event and moderated the panel of a district court judge, probate court judge, a supervisor of a district attorney's office and a mental health professional. The panel explored topics such as domestic assault and battery issues in situations where there is a pending divorce or custody action and 209A issues.