U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Donald Vaughan focuses his practice on real estate matters, including the representation of landlords and tenants in commercial office and retail leases and subleases, and lenders and borrowers in permanent, construction and leasehold financing transactions. His experience includes commercial/investment real estate sales, acquisitions and like-kind exchanges; commercial mortgage-backed securities transactions, residential real estate sales, acquisitions and development; and estate planning and administration, primarily with real estate as a major asset. His experience includes the successful overseeing of several difficult and highly-visible development projects and foreclosure actions. Mr. Vaughan also currently serves as an Executive Committee member of Burns & Levinson.
- Boston Bar Association
- Greater Boston Chambers Development Committee
- Greater Boston Legal Services, executive committee
- Lambda Alpha International Society for the Advancement of Land Economics, Boston Chapter Member
- Massachusetts Lesbian and Gay Bar Association
- Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership, Board of Directors
- Real Estate Finance Association
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Mr. Vaughan serves on the boards of the Greater Boston Legal Services Corporation and the Boston Early Music Festival, and is active in various other non-profit organizations.
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 1983
- B.A., magna cum laude, Haverford College, 1979
- Mr. Vaughan was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® (2013-2015) in the field of Real Estate Law. Best Lawyers® is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 52,000 leading attorneys throughout the country cast almost 5.5 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. Inclusion in Best Lawyers® is considered a singular honor.
11/14/2008, Boston Business Journal - Then and now:
A excerpt by Donald Vaughan discussing the real estate slump differences of today versus the 1990's appeared in this article.
2/25/2006, The Patriot Ledger - Attorney says firm close to being sold
Donald E. Vaughn was quoted in this article, regarding his representation of Plymouth Rubber.
Recent Articles and Publications:
Commercial Real Estate as a Personal Investment
Boston Spirit Magazine, November/December 2014
Thinking of Buying a Home in Provincetown? Tips and Ideas for Renting vs. Owning a Vacation Home
Boston Spirit Magazine, July/August 2014
Get To Know Us
Boston Spirit Magazine, May/June 2012
Owning Your Own Little Piece Of Paradise
Boston Spirit Magazine, March/April 2012
Get To Know Us...
Boston Spirit Magazine, Seasonal People Issue, May/June 2010
Get To Know Us...
Boston Spirit Magazine, Seasonal People issue, May/June 2009
Deferring Taxes Through Like-Kind Exchanges
Focus, Winter 2003
Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Webcast, 1.24.2013
Topic: LLCs, Nominee Trusts & Other Real Estate Holding Entities
Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Program, 2.12.2009
Topic: LLC's, Nominee Trusts & Other Real Estate Holding Entities
Mr. Vaughan is an AV rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell.