U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Mr. Drew has a deep background in real estate representing developers, buyers and sellers with respect to the acquisition, construction and financing of retail shopping centers and residential condominiums. He is also experienced in the negotiation and drafting of leases for landlords and tenants with respect to retail, commercial and warehouse properties, as well as office and shopping mall space.
Mr. Drew also concentrates in all aspects of insolvency law, including both in and out of court debt restructuring and has appeared in Bankruptcy Courts throughout the country with respect to Chapter 11 reorganization, Chapter 7 liquidation, preference prosecution and defense and all manner of adversary proceedings.
In addition to specialty practices, Mr. Drew also serves as general counsel to many closely held and medium-sized businesses and was also a member and general counsel to a realty venture fund based in South Florida.
- Acquisition, structuring, construction and mezzanine financing for a 180 room nationally flagged hotel and office building.
- Negotiated and drafted a refrigerated warehouse agreement for upwards of 1 million square feet of space for a publicly traded club store under which goods in excess of 10 Billion Dollars will flow annually.
- Acquisition, structuring, construction and mezzanine financing for a historic waterfront redevelopment into 85 high end condominium units and marina.
- Acquisition and financing of commercial properties for a regional trucking operation from a national waste management company.
- Out of court liquidation of a leading Massachusetts mortgage broker with offices throughout New England, Florida and California providing for the smooth transition of pipeline loans.
- Negotiated/litigated on behalf of a landlord a real estate lease termination by a regional healthcare insurer resulting in a settlement in excess of $12 Million Dollars.
- Counsel to a Massachusetts based retail chain of bookstores in a complex Chapter 11 proceeding with over 70 retail locations throughout the Northeast.
- Lead defense counsel in a 2 million dollar preference action for a publicly traded telecommunications company.
- Acquisition, structure and financing of two ground leases with luxury retail tenants including fee parking rights from an international Wall Street based brokerage firm.
- Mr. Drew has previously served on the firm’s Executive and Compensation Committees.
- Mr. Drew also holds an honorary degree from Grahm College awarded in recognition of his work on behalf of the college.
- J.D., New England School of Law, 1976
- B.S., Boston State College, 1972
6/27/2008, Boston Herald - Louis chef off with bread?
John Drew, attorney for LouisBoston, was quoted in this article.