Mr. Kessler focuses his practice on permitting, zoning, environmental compliance, leasing, construction and the representation of design professionals. His 30 years' experience, both as a state and local official, and later in private practice working with government agencies, gives him unique expertise in gaining the necessary approvals or modifications to permits and environmental approvals in development projects.
Highly experienced in developing major projects, particularly urban projects requiring special legislation or zoning amendments, Mr. Kessler is highly knowledgeable concerning all aspects of environmental compliance, zoning and permitting, and currently serves as Chair of the Public Affairs Committee of NAIOP. Mr. Kessler represents a number of architectural firms and has extensive experience in the negotiation of design and construction contracts, and in representing landlords and tenants in commercial and retail leasing.
- Boston Bar Association, Environmental and Real Estate Sections, Co-Chair, Land Use and Development Committee
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, Transportation Committee
- Vice President and Chairman of the Public Affairs Committee of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP); Executive Committee
- J.D., Suffolk University, 1978
- A.B., cum laude, Harvard College, 1967
- Mr. Kessler was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® (2013) in the field(s) of Real Estate Law. Best Lawyers® is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 41,000 leading attorneys throughout the country cast almost 3.9 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. Inclusion in Best Lawyers® is considered a singular honor.
8/23/2010, Banker & Tradesman - New 'Prompt Pay' Law Backs General Contractors Into A Corner
Jack Kessler Jr. was quoted in this article by Jim Adams.
Recent Articles and Publications: