Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Prior to joining Burns & Levinson LLP in January 2006, Mr. Green was a Partner with the firm Perkins Smith & Cohen LLP.
Mr. Green has successfully litigated cases in federal and state trial and appellate courts in the areas of antitrust, bankruptcy and creditors rights, business litigation and commercial litigation among others. He represents the litigation needs in New England of large national companies, as well as closely held corporations and individuals. His clients include AT&T, Azoff Music Management, Dari-Farms Ice Cream, Erdman Anthony, Expedia.com, Hewlett-Packard, Illinois Tool Works, Lady Grace Stores, Lindenmeyr Munroe, Lucent Technologies, Michell USA, Minolta Business Systems, Ralph Pill Electric Supply Co. and Sir Speedy Printing Centers. He has developed specialized expertise in cases involving the telecommunications, equipment leasing, franchising, commercial printing and distribution industries.
Mr. Green has represented executive employees in employment termination and discrimination cases. In 2003, he won a jury verdict of $2.2 million, plus interest and attorneys’ fees, on behalf of a female executive employee who was terminated following complaints of sexual harassment. The damages included the second highest punitive award in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in an employment retaliation case.
- American Bar Association
- American Mensa
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- President, American Jewish Society for Service, a non-profit organization providing community service opportunities for teens and serving impoverished communities throughout America.
- Mr. Green was invited by the Massachusetts Attorney General to serve as a training leader for trial practice seminars for assistant attorneys general.
- Mr. Green's book, Managing Partner 101 (2d Ed.); A Leadership Guide for Building the Successful Law Firm has been published by the American Bar Association.
- Mr. Green has lectured before business and bar groups in the areas of business litigation and creditors rights.
- While earning his Juris Doctor at New York University, Mr. Green was a Root-Tilden Scholar.
- J.D., New York University
- Undergraduate, cum laude, Wesleyan University
- Mr. Green was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® (2013-2015) in the field(s) of Commercial Litigation. Best Lawyers® is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 52,000 leading attorneys throughout the country cast almost 5.5 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. Inclusion in Best Lawyers® is considered a singular honor.
- Mr. Green has long held a Martindale Hubbell rating of AV, the highest rating.
- Mr. Green was selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers® (2014-2011, 2008-2004). Super Lawyers and Rising Stars employ an annual jurisdictional selection process. Only five percent of lawyers in the state were selected to the Super Lawyers list and 2.5 percent to the Rising Stars list. The listing appears annually in the November issue of Boston magazine and in New England Super Lawyers.
2/10/2009, Boston Globe - Banned by Boston
Lawrence Green was quoted in this article.
3/23/2007, MetroWest Daily News - Local school districts lose SJC fight
Mr. Green and Mr. Darov were quoted in this article by Jennifer Kavanaugh.
11/11/2006, Telegram Gazette - Sandwich Skirmish
Larry Green was quoted in this article by Lisa Eckelbecker and Bob Kievra.
11/10/2006, Boston Globe - Arguments Spread Thick
Larry Green was quoted in this article by Jenn Abelson. Mr. Green represented Qdoba in this case.
Recent Articles and Publications:
Taking responsibility by saying 'Hineini'
The Jewish Advocate, May 31, 2013
Litigation Need Not Be the Third Rail for Family Business Disputes
Massachusetts Family Business Magazine, Fall 2012
Alchemy: Transforming Rocks Into Gold
Focus [Page 2], Fall 2012
The Cummings Properties decision and acceleration of rent clauses three years later
Massachusetts National Law Journal, August 2010
FFI New England Chapter Breakfast, 5.9.2012
Location: Burns & Levinson LLP, 125 Summer Street, Boston MA
Topic: Aphrodite Apparel: From Rags to Riches and New-Found Family Business Challenges
FFI New England Chapter Breakfast, 12.14.2011
Topic: Litigation Does Not Have To Be The Third Rail