Mr. Starr joined the Firm in 2003 from the Trust and Investment Group of Citizens Bank of Rhode Island, where he served as Vice President and Business Development Officer since 1982. Malcolm has over 25 years of experience in personal trust and investment management services, as well as several years of experience in estate and trust administration and estate planning. Previous to Citizens Bank, he served as Vice President and Trust Officer with Liberty National Bank and Trust Company of Louisville, KY. He also practiced law at Ewen MacKenzie & Peden, P.S.C. in the areas of general corporate, divorce, probate and estate planning.
- Estate Planning Council of Rhode Island
- Probate Committee of the Rhode Island Bar Association
- Providence Country Day School, formerly served on Planned Giving Committee
- Bannister Nursing Care Center; past President, Board of Governors
- Gordon School, past member of Finance Committee
- Episcopal Charities; former Trustee and Campaign Chairman
- Providence Preservation Society, past member of Finance Committee
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Mr. Starr served in the United State Marine Corps Reserve.
- Active in the community, Malcolm is Executive Director and a Coach with Brown Youth Hockey Association, Inc.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Louisville School of Law, 1976
- B.A., English, Hofstra University, 1972
Recent Articles and Publications:
At 18, time to act - and plan - as an adult
Providence Business News, October 19, 2009
Old Enough To Live Away From Home? Old Enough To Plan!
Estate Planning Advisory, August 2009
You Have Been Named as a Trustee – Are You Ready?
Focus, Winter 2008
The "Dynasty Trust"
Focus, Spring 2005
Preservation and Growth of Assets During Times of Uncertainty, 6.19.2008
Location: Chiazza Restaurant, 308 Country Road, Barrington, RI
Presentation Topics: "Use of Generation Skipping Trusts and Asset Protection Trusts for Long Term Care Planning" by Joseph R. Marion III and "Trusts: Everyone Needs One - Which One is Right For You?" by Malcolm W. Starr
What you should know about estate planning, 3.21.2007
Presented to Citizen-Union Bank's trust and investment group
Estate Planning, 11.30.2006
Malcolm Starr was the featured presenter on Estate Planning at a presentation to brokerage clients of the Providence office of UBS on November 30, 2006.