Since joining the firm in 1999, Mr. Manning has transacted numerous mergers and acquisitions on behalf of both buyers and sellers across all market sectors and levels. He has closed equity and debt financings at every stage, as well as restructurings, representing both companies and capital sources. He works with clients on the formation of funds and other collective investment vehicles, domestically and internationally. He also advises clients generally on a wide range of corporate issues.
As a member of the firm's Intellectual Property and Life Sciences Groups, Mr. Manning has negotiated licenses for licensors and licensees with respect to brands, software, patents and other technology on a global basis. He also assists clients with joint venture, product development and other commercial exploitation arrangements for all types of intellectual property.
Mr. Manning began his career in private practice representing both public and private companies in a broad range of transactions, compliance matters and general corporate affairs. He was subsequently manager of business and legal affairs at Scitex America Corp., where he was responsible for the legal oversight of the company's direct and indirect distribution channels (domestic and Latin American), licensing, equipment financing, commercial leases, product marketing, regulatory compliance, customer dispute resolution, and governance matters.
- Mr. Manning is a past President of the Boston Chapter of the Clarkson University Alumni Association. In July 2003, he received the Woodstock Award for outstanding young alumni in recognition of his contributions to the university and his professional achievements. As President of the Woodstock Award Affinity Group, he is a member of the University’s Alumni Council and Alumni National Executive Committee.
- Mr. Manning is also President and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Dedham Community Association, a non-profit organization providing preschool, summer camp and a variety of other programs to the town of Dedham and the surrounding communities.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1991
- B.S., with distinction, Accounting and Finance, Clarkson University, 1988
- In July 2003, Mr. Manning received the Woodstock Award for outstanding young alumni in recognition of his contributions to the university and his professional achievements.
12/29/2008, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly - Confidential Informant: Hazy forecast for summer associates
Mark Manning discussed the practice of hiring summer associates and specifically, how the economic downturn could affect incoming classes.
Recent Articles and Publications:
2011 NECBC Technology Conference, 2.2.2011
Location: Colonnade Hotel, Boston MA
Topic: Innovation: U.S./Canada/French Connection - Investors Panel
A Practical Guide to Organizing a Business, 11.6.2008
Role: Faculty Member
Topic: Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE)