Office Phone: 617.345.3204
Location: Boston, MA
Send an email
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Ms. Sharma focuses her practice on employment law, employment litigation including employment discrimination and retaliation, and general business litigation in Federal and State courts.
- Prior to working at Burns & Levinson, Neerja’s practice was focused in the areas of general business law for privately held businesses, corporate entity selection and formation, employment agreements and compensation, trademark selection and protection, complex commercial and executive contracts, federal and state securities law, and mergers and acquisitions.
- During law school, Neerja interned with the Honorable Nancy Gertner of the United States Federal District Court for the District of Massachusetts. Neerja also participated in the Honor’s Program at the Securities & Exchange Commission in Washington, DC.
- Before attending law school, Neerja worked in national and state politics. She also served as President of the Network for Women in Politics and Government, a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the involvement of women in grassroots politics.
- J.D., Northeastern University School of Law, 2001
- M.A., Political Communication, Emerson College, 1996
- Graduate Certificate, Program for Women in Politics and Public Policy, University of Massachusetts Boston, 1993
- B.A., Political Science and History, Boston University, 1992
- Ms. Sharma was selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Rising Stars® (2009). Super Lawyers and Rising Stars employ an annual jurisdictional selection process. Only five percent of lawyers in the state were selected to the Super Lawyers list and 2.5 percent to the Rising Stars list. The listing appears annually in the November issue of Boston magazine and in New England Super Lawyers.