U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Mr. Mastrocola's practice includes business and commercial law, including contract, business tort, securities, banking, director and officer liability, minority shareholder, employment, and real estate litigation.
As a former Middlesex County assistant district attorney, Mr. Mastrocola has extensive criminal law and trial experience. He prosecuted a wide variety of matters, including insurance fraud and civil rights cases. At Burns & Levinson, Mr. Mastrocola represents clients in investigations and prosecutions. He also handles a variety of criminal matters in state and federal courts.
- Boston Bar Association
- Bentley College National Alumni Association, President
- Bentley Law Advisory Board, Chair
- Mr. Mastrocola recently co-authored an article relating to theft of trade secrets, published in the New England Journal on Criminal and Civil Confinement, entitled "The Economic Espionage Act of 1996."
- He also authored an article published in the Boston College Third World Law Journal, entitled "The Lords of the Rings: The Role of Olympic Site Selection as a Weapon Against Human Rights Abuses, China's Bid for the 2000 Olympics."
- Mr. Mastrocola is an adjunct assistant professor at Bentley College, where he teaches courses in business law.
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 1995
- B.S., magna cum laude, Finance, Bentley College, 1990
- Mr. Mastrocola was selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Rising Stars® (2008, 2007 and 2006). Super Lawyers and Rising Stars employ an annual jurisdictional selection process. Only five percent of lawyers in the state were selected to the Super Lawyers list and 2.5 percent to the Rising Stars list. The listing appears annually in the November issue of Boston magazine and in New England Super Lawyers.
7/23/2012, Talk 1200 AM - "Jay Severin Program"
Paul Mastrocola spoke with Jay Severin regarding the Colorado movie theater mass shooting criminal case.
6/25/2007, Boston Globe - Galvin sues UBS over hedge fund perks
Paul Mastrocola was mentioned in this article for his role as the attorney for Michael Torrisi, Executive Director of UBS Prime Brokerage Services.
4/15/2006, The Patriot Ledger - New SEC boss here has the smarts - and a challenge
Paul Mastrocola was quoted in this article by Jon Chesto.
2/15/2005, 96.9 FM - "Jay Severin Program"
Paul Mastrocola spoke with Jay Severin regarding the Paul R. Shanley sex abuse case.
11/15/2004, 96.9 FM - "Jay Severin Program"
Paul Mastrocola spoke with Jay Severin regarding the Scott Peterson verdict.
Recent Articles and Publications:
Marsh Webinar, 2.13.2013
Location: Marsh Risk Consulting, New York City
Topic: The New Reality of Risk: Fraud Risk Prevention, Detection and Response
Lessons in Contract Drafting from the School of Litigation, 10.8.2008
Location: New England Corporate Counsel Association, Inc.
Role: Featured Presenter
Discussion of what you can do to draft agreements that are more likely to give you leverage in settlement as well as substantive and tactical advantages if you have to litigate or arbitrate a contractually based dispute.