U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. District Courts for the District of Massachusetts
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Mr. Friedman is an experienced, hands-on advocate and case manager, working collaboratively with his clients to get results. His notable representations include:
- Roll up of eighteen consumer class action lawsuits challenging legality of red light camera violations into a single federal proceeding leading to court approval of resolution favorable to traffic services client.
- Trial to successful judgment for institutional investors against investment banking firm in a groundbreaking case involving distribution of IPO shares.
- Successful litigation against mutual fund family challenging excessive advisory fees, leading to substantial changes in calculating advisory fees paid by its shareholders.
- Summary judgment leading to $7,000,000 recovery for industrial client ‘s damage to its products due to defective chemical additive.
Mr. Friedman’s securities practice includes representing broker-dealers and investment advisers in arbitration, state and federal court litigation, and before regulatory agencies. He has tried cases to verdict in complex litigation involving fiduciaries, construction/surety, asbestos, product liability, professional liability, insurance coverage and general commercial litigation.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law; Northwestern University
- B.A., cum laude, American University, 1972
- Mr. Friedman was selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers ® (2007, 2006, 2005 and 2004). Super Lawyers and Rising Stars employ an annual jurisdictional selection process. Only five percent of lawyers in the state were selected to the Super Lawyers list and 2.5 percent to the Rising Stars list. The listing appears annually in the November issue of Boston magazine and in New England Super Lawyers.
- Mr. Friedman has been Peer Review Rated as AV® Preeminent, the highest performance rating in Martindale-Hubbell's peer review rating system.
Recent Articles and Publications:
Fallout from subprime crisis won't be limited
Providence Business News, June 24, 2008
The Subprime Crisis: How Does It Impact You?
*This article was also published in the Spring 2008 issue of Focus.
ACC Northeast Chapter: Litigation Management Current Best Practices & Processes, 3.25.2014
Location: Newton Marriott Hotel, 2345 Commonwealth Ave., Newton, MA
Topic: Managing the Middle: Mid-Course Corrections or Staying the Course in Litigation
New England Corporate Counsel Association (NECCA) Event, 3.5.2014
Location: Westin Waltham Boston
Topic: Dispute Resolution: Managing Your Exposure and Avoiding Your Day in Court
ACC-Northeast Half Day Program, 6.12.2013
Location: Westin Waltham Hotel
Topic: Deal or No Deal - Advanced Contracts