U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. District Courts for the District of Massachusetts
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Mr. Friedman focuses his practice in securities litigation. As a securities trial lawyer, Mr. Friedman represents broker dealers and investment advisers in arbitration, state and federal court litigation and before regulatory agencies. He has also represented institutional investors, mutual fund investors and pension funds in federal and state court litigation.
Mr. Friedman’s securities related representations include:
- Board of director investigations to evaluate regulatory compliance
- Regulatory investigations and administrative complaints against broker dealers in multiple jurisdictions
- Successful verdict for institutional investors in a ground-breaking case involving distribution of IPO shares
- Representation of broker dealers in market timing litigation
Mr. Friedman’s trial practice includes defense of consumer class actions, complex litigation involving fiduciaries, construction/surety, asbestos, product liability, professional liability, insurance coverage and general commercial litigation.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law; Northwestern University
- B.A., cum laude, American University, 1972
- Mr. Friedman was selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers ® (2007, 2006, 2005 and 2004). Super Lawyers and Rising Stars employ an annual jurisdictional selection process. Only five percent of lawyers in the state were selected to the Super Lawyers list and 2.5 percent to the Rising Stars list. The listing appears annually in the November issue of Boston magazine and in New England Super Lawyers.
- Mr. Friedman has an AV rating in Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating.
Recent Articles and Publications:
Fallout from subprime crisis won't be limited
Providence Business News, June 24, 2008
The Subprime Crisis: How Does It Impact You?
*This article was also published in the Spring 2008 issue of Focus.