U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Mr. Unrad joined Burns & Levinson in September of 2008, after participating in the Firm’s Summer Associate Program in 2007. In his corporate practice, Mr. Unrad represents foreign and domestic middle market businesses and investors in mergers and acquisitions, commercial financing arrangements, other transactional matters, general business affairs, e-commerce, cross border transactions, start-up ventures and entity formation. As part of his insolvency and restructuring practice, Mr. Unrad represents both debtors and creditors in perfection of security interests and restructuring debts through out-of-court financial work-outs, Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganizations, Chapter 7 bankruptcy liquidations, preference prosecution and defense and other bankruptcy proceedings.
Prior to joining the firm, he worked in the legal department of Travelers Insurance where he concentrated mainly on policy drafting and coverage disputes under commercial surety, public official bonds and management (D&O) liability insurance. Previously, Mr. Unrad served as a Public Affairs Officer at the Consulate General of Israel to New England, working directly with U.S. and Israeli universities, students and faculty.
- Boston Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- American Jewish Committee, ACCESS Boston Co-Chair
- Tufts Lawyers Association
- Mr. Unrad is presently the co-chair of the Boston Bar Association’s International Transactions Committee.
- He has studied at the Universidad Nacional de Cuyo in Mendoza, Argentina, the University of Haifa, Faculty of Law in Haifa, Israel and at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.
- While at University of Connecticut, he was a Dean’s Scholarship and Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity Karno Scholarship recipient. He was also an editor of the Connecticut Journal of International Law and a member of the university’s first Vis International Commercial Moot Arbitration team.
- Mr. Unrad is conversant in Spanish and Hebrew.
- J.D., University of Connecticut School of Law, 2008
- B.A., Tufts University, 2002
- CALI Academic Excellence Award - International Business Transactions, University of Connecticut School of Law, 2008
- CALI Academic Excellence Award - Multinational Corporations, University of Connecticut School of Law, 2008
Recent Articles and Publications: