U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
U.S. Supreme Court
Ms. Walton joined Burns & Levinson in September 2001 after participating in Burns & Levinson's Summer Associate program in 2000. Ms. Walton's practice includes real estate law, including condominium suits, boundary disputes and adverse possession litigation. Her practice also includes business and commercial law, including contract, business tort, Chapter 93A (unfair and deceptive trade practices), director and officer liability, minority shareholder and employment litigation. At Burns & Levinson, Ms. Walton represents both individual clients and corporations and handles matters in both state and federal courts.
- Helped obtain complete acquittal at trial of federal criminal charges arising out of a domestic employment relationship, in a case which received significant media coverage from local and national press. Ms. Walton was part of the team who represented the falsely accused United Arab Emirates (UAE) navel officer in this case (2011). Read more.
- In 2007, Ms. Walton successfully tried an adverse possession case as well as a condominium collection action in which she successfully defended a client from claims of emotional distress.
- In 2005, Ms. Walton successfully arbitrated a breach of contract case for a major athletic footwear manufacturer involving claims by a Chinese supplier.
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- BBA Youth Outreach Task Force
- Women’s Bar Association Women's Leadership Initiative, member of the Charter Class
- Ms. Walton is the former firm captain for the Walk to the Hill for Civil Legal Aid.
- Ms. Walton is a member of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce's Future Leaders Program for the Class of 2005
- While at Suffolk University Law School Ms. Walton was a member of the Suffolk University Law Review and a member of the executive board of the Women's Law Caucus.
- While at Northeastern University Ms. Walton was a Harold Hodgkinson Scholar.
- J.D., cum laude, Suffolk University Law School 2001
- B.S.B.A., Marketing, summa cum laude, Northeastern University, 1997
- Ms. Walton was selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Rising Stars ® (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006). Super Lawyers and Rising Stars employ an annual jurisdictional selection process. Only five percent of lawyers in the state were selected to the Super Lawyers list and 2.5 percent to the Rising Stars list. The listing appears annually in the November issue of Boston magazine and in New England Super Lawyers.
3/5/2006, Boston Sunday Globe - "Trial and error at high school"
Nancy Newark, David Rosenblatt and Victoria Walton were featured in this article by Kristen Green. The article showcased the firm's partnership with Brighton High School and Ms. Newark and Ms. Walton's involvement with coaching the Brighton High School mock trial team.
11/17/2003, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly - "Taking the Plunge Into a Records Management Plan"
Victoria (Schmidt) Walton and Renee Inomata were quoted in this article.
Recent Articles and Publications:
Expert Discovery (Chapter)
Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, book: Massachusetts Expert Witnesses, 2007
Updated chapter on Expert Discovery
MCLE Massachusetts Discovery Practice Manual, August 2007
First update, November 2005
Updated chapter on Audiovisual Depositions
MCLE Massachusetts Deposition Practice Manual, 2008 and 2009
Don’t Forget Your Email: The Need for Electronic Document Retention Policies
Focus, Fall 2003
Beware of Exposing Your Technology to Foreign Nationals
White Paper, Summer 2002
Boston Bar Foundation’s Casino Night, 3.15.2012
Location: 16 Beacon Street, Boston MA
Practicing Civil Litigation, 4.5.2010
Location: Suffolk University Law School
27th Annual MBA Labor & Employment Law Conference, 6.15.2006
On June 15, 2006 Laura Studen and Victoria Walton presented "Use of Medical Records" at the 27th Annual MBA Labor & Employment Law Conference.
Speaker: Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation Board of Directors Meeting, 3.24.2005
Victoria Walton spoke at the Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation Board of Directors meeting on March 24, 2005 on the participation of Burns & Levinson in the Walk to the Hill.