For over 20 years our attorneys have been engaged in representing U.S. companies in China, and Chinese companies doing business in the U.S. The Firm works with a number of China-based business consultants and law firms to achieve results. Here in the U.S. our knowledge of Chinese business practices and culture assist Chinese clients to launch successful business ventures in the U.S. China is a great society and a growing economic power. We are pleased to work for U.S. and Chinese clients to craft successful business plans for cross border business projects. We represent NYSE-listed companies doing business in China, and small companies seeking to expand manufacturing operations in China.
Our accomplishments in China include:
• We established a venture capital fund jointly invested by a major city in China and venture capital investors from the U.S.
• We represented the largest real estate company of Beijing in negotiations with private equity investors from the U.S. and abroad for investments ranging from $25 to $100 million
• We acted as counsel to a Chinese nutraceuticals company in a reverse merger with an existing publicly-traded U.S. corporation
• We acted as counsel in the negotiation of offshore software development and software licensing agreements for software development firms
• We act as counsel to a NYSE-listed company on China-related issues, including the negotiation of a joint venture agreements with a Japanese company to build a factory in mainland China, vendor supply agreements and general corporate matters
• We represented a venture capital fund with regard to fund investments in Chinese companies
• We represented a Chinese company licensing semiconductor technology from Analog Devices for manufacturing in mainland China
• We helped a client set up a joint venture to manufacture tapes in China by developing a strategy that will protect the company’s intellectual property, including customer information and proprietary formulation technologies, while enabling the company to manufacture customer-specific products
• We represented one of the largest dairies in western China, who retained Burns & Levinson to develop joint ventures with dairy farming interests in New England to import dairy equipment, cattle and farmers to China take advantage of the rapidly growing dairy business in China
• We represented a U.S. company in an investment into a Chinese battery manufacturer
• We represented one of the ten largest mutual fund companies in the U.S. to help them identify and evaluate joint venture partners and investment opportunities in mainland China
• We represent Chinese companies seeking listings on NASDAQ or OTCBB through IPO’s, reverse mergers or acquisition of public companies
• We represented the Bank of China with respect to transactions originating in the U.S.
• We represented an internet telephony company from the U.S. in the negotiation of a joint venture agreement with the Chinese National Data Communications Technology Research Institute
• We coordinated development and signature of a cooperative agreement between Shanghai, China and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts concerning the promotion of high technology trade between China and the U.S.
• We represented the company that operates the official website of the Chinese Communist Youth League in the China on raising funds from investors in the U.S.
• We represented a U.S. corporation in connection with a fraud investigation and development of confirmatory documentary evidence concerning its Chinese subsidiary’s operations
• We represented a U.S. software company in the formation of a Chinese wholly foreign-owned subsidiary
• We represented a U.S. consulting firm in the formation of a joint venture with a Chinese corporation
• We represented a U.S. / Chinese company providing software and Internet support services in connection with successful financing obtained from a combination of U.S., Mainland Chinese and Taiwanese venture capital firms
• We advised the exclusive U.S. East Coast representative of the new Shanghai Pudong Airport Town, a 10,000 acre industrial and commercial park that abuts the new Shanghai Pudong Airport in China
• We represented the principal designer of the new Shanghai Science Museum in contract negotiations with governmental officials from Shanghai
• We represented a developer client in the negotiation of business deal and financing of power projects located in Tianjin, Shijiazhuang and Hengshui, China
• We represented the foreign project development subsidiary of a major U.S. utility in negotiations with Chinese governmental authorities in northern China concerning power project development opportunities and energy efficiency projects located in northern China
• We represented the Joint Institute for Energy and the Environment in supporting the development of a program to develop 5 - 25 MW biomass-fired power plants in Yunnan Province, China, including participation of World Bank GEF and private sector developers
• We assisted a client in evaluating two 50 MW power projects located in Liaoning and Shandong Provinces in China, including review of power purchase agreement, joint venture agreement, approval by the State Planning Commission, pro forma and various other project finance documents
• Negotiated numerous joint venture and sourcing agreements for the manufacture of products for U.S. and global markets
• We represented a publicly-traded power equipment manufacturer from the U.S. on the preparation of global sourcing contracts for the purchase of power plant equipment
• We work closely with six Chinese investment banking firms with offices throughout China to assist their Chinese and U.S. clients
For more information regarding our China practice, please contact:
Gil Breiman, Chair International Practice Group, 617.345.3321, firstname.lastname@example.org