Design & Construction
Burns & Levinson attorneys in our Design & Construction Practice provide practical legal advice to public and private clients engaged on a variety of building and infrastructure projects. As a complement to the firm's Real Estate and Litigation Practice Groups, the Design & Construction Practice focuses on representation of public, private, and institutional owners and developers requiring a broad range of legal services necessary to deliver successful facility development programs. For many years, Burns & Levinson attorneys have also represented design professionals, contractors, subcontractors, and sureties in connection with a wide spectrum of design and construction industry matters.
Burns & Levinson attorneys understand that, in today’s complex regulatory and financial climate, successful project delivery requires a multi-disciplinary legal approach involving attorneys with skills and experience in the areas of contracts and public procurement, insurance, surety, lien law, finance, labor/employment, government relations, and litigation. Our clients have the advantage of working with a team of highly-qualified and experienced legal professionals who can navigate the risks and complexities of challenging projects in a way that best protects our clients’ interests.
A partial list of services that Burns & Levinson provides to design and construction industry clients appears below. To find out more about how our attorneys can assist with your company or project, please contact one of our practice group members listed below.
Project Finance & Procurement
• Capital Financing Strategy
• Alternative Procurement and Contracting Strategy
• Public Procurement
• Project delivery through Private/Public Partnerships
• Environmental Permitting and Brownfield Redevelopment
• Government Relations and Strategy
• International Construction Law
Design & Construction Law
• Design and Construction Contract Development and Negotiation
• Construction Claims Mitigation and Strategy
• Litigation, ADR, and Claims Prosecution and Defense
• Insurance and Surety Issues
• Labor, Employment, and OSHA Issues
The Design & Construction Group at Burns & Levinson