As a partner in the firm's Corporate group, Alison Harrall focuses on a broad range of transactional matters, acting as corporate counsel and practicing in the areas of corporate governance, private equity, venture capital financing, debt and equity financing, and mergers and acquisitions.
She represents middle-market and emerging growth companies across various industries including manufacturing, technology, health care, accounting, retail, and engineering. Alison assists clients in all stages of their life cycle, from incorporation, seed and venture capital financing, growth financing, strategic relationships, business combinations, and mergers and acquisitions. She works with venture capital funds, private equity funds, and financial institutions, and with both lenders and borrowers on a variety of commercial finance transactions, including asset-based financings, acquisition financings, and syndicated facilities of all sizes.
J.D., magna cum laude, Roger Williams University School of Law, 2008
B.B.A., cum laude, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2002
honors & awards
Lawdragon 500 Leading Dealmaker (2024)
Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Women’s Leadership Program (2018-2019)
Massachusetts Rising Stars (2018)
- Represented several emerging companies and financial investors in seed, early-stage and late-stage venture capital financings.
- Represented a VC company in its lead Series A investment in a public company’s spin-off technology company.
- Represented an emerging health care technology company in raising approximately $50 million through convertible notes and Series A and Series B financings.
- Represented a PE/founder-owned beverage manufacturing company in its $205 million sale to a global strategic purchaser.
- Represented a diversely held private engineering firm in its $25 million stock sale to a public company.
- Represented regional accounting firms in sales to national firms.
- Represented local insurance firm in its sale to a regional firm.
- Represented a local grocery chain in its acquisition of a local convenience store.
- Structured and negotiated numerous secured credit facilities of all sizes, including syndicated and asset based facilities, both as counsel to major lending institutions and as borrower’s counsel.
- Represented a public engineering company in its $250 million syndicated loan facility.
“Legal 101,” Speaker, Babson’s Black Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership Program, May 2021