David Rosenblatt has been a leading attorney in environmental law for decades, learning it in detail since the major pieces of legislation were passed in the 1980s. His deep experience helps his clients – businesses, real estate developers, and property owners – navigate the intricacies of the pertinent laws and regulations. He is also a leader of the firm, serving as managing partner since 1998.
J.D., with honors, Boston College Law School, 1982
B.A., Trinity College
honors & awards
The Best Lawyers in America©– Environmental Law & Litigation – Environmental (1995-2023)
Lawdragon Green 500: Leaders in Environmental Law (2023)
Massachusetts Super Lawyers (2004-2021)
American Jewish Committee – Judge Learned Hand Award (2004)
Boston Business Journal – Who’s Who in Legal Services (2011)
Supreme Judicial Court Steering Committee on Lawyer Well-Being
- Represented large group of companies in negotiating a $30 million clean-up settlement of a federal Superfund site in Maine.
- Represented and resolved claims brought by citizens advocacy groups under the Clean Water Act against a wide variety of industrial users facilities.
- Represented homeowners group in resolving access and clean-up responsibilities against a municipality closing out a municipal landfill.
- Resolved enforcement action under the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act statute relating to alleged facility operation violations concerning hazardous materials management.
- Resolved numerous enforcement actions brought by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection alleging violations of state hazardous waste, solid waste, clean water and clean air regulations.
- Representing several industry groups in their ongoing management and implementation of remediation of large hazardous waste sites under state and federal Consent Orders and Decrees.
Boston Bar Association
- Council Member
Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors
Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers
- Board of Directors
American College of Environmental Lawyers
College of Law Practice Management
“Musings on Starting a New Superfund Case – Hope Springs Eternal? American College of Environmental Lawyers, January 2018
“Taking on the Big Boys,” Metro Corporate Counsel, April 2017
“Boston’s Big Firms Combining Their Voices,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, August 2018
“Lessons Learned from David Rosenblatt – The Managing Partner Who Outlasted Them All,” Guest Speaker, Counsel to Counsel with Stephen Seckler, Esq., August 2021
“Attorney Wellness in the Practice of Law,” Panelist, Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, March 2020