Emily Weber has more than a decade of experience in family law, handling divorces as well as post-divorce and paternity actions, contested custody and removal matters, and modification and contempt proceedings.
Among her clients are high net worth individuals whose cases involve complex financial issues, including business valuations and trusts. She advocates for clients experiencing high-conflict custody issues, including contested custody and removal actions and cases with Massachusetts Department of Children & Families and Guardian ad Litem involvement. Additionally, Emily is skilled at negotiating and drafting extensive separation agreements that include detailed parenting plans, complex asset division, and support structures involving stock options, startup companies, and tax considerations.
Emily’s clients typically have concerns about co-parenting, financial standing post-divorce, uncertainty regarding the process, and what their lives will look like after their divorce is complete. Emily works tirelessly to guide her clients through the divorce process, and advocates for the best possible outcome for them, their children, and their future.
J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2010
B.A., University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
US District Court for the District of Massachusetts
honors & awards
Super Lawyers Massachusetts Rising Star (2018, 2020-2022)
Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Excellence in the Law 2018 Up and Coming Lawyers Honoree
Massachusetts Women’s Bar Association’s 2017-2018 Women’s Leadership Initiative Class Honoree
- Representing high-net-worth clients with high value assets and complex financial issues, including business valuations and trusts.
- Courtroom experience, including trial, evidentiary hearings, pre-trial conferences, motion hearings and contempt hearings.
- Negotiating and drafting comprehensive separation agreements involving detailed parenting plans and complex asset division and support structures involving stock options, startup companies, and tax considerations.
- Handling high-conflict custody issues, including contested custody and removal actions, and cases with Guardian ad litem and DCF involvement.
- Engaging in all aspects of discovery, including conducting and defending depositions and written discovery.
- Working directly with experts for litigation support, including business valuators, real estate appraisers, and tax professionals.
Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers
Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council
Massachusetts Bar Association
Boston Bar Association