Co-chair of the Venture Capital and Emerging Companies Group, Robert Chow provides actionable legal advice to entrepreneurs, emerging growth companies, and venture investors on general corporate, securities, mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliance, licensing, and commercial matters.
Rob also focuses on serving middle-market private equity clients in both buy-side and sell-side transactions. In his private equity work, he focuses on closing deals swiftly and efficiently while helping clients avoid undue risks.
“There is nothing more exciting in the corporate practice than M&A,” says Rob. “Whether it be on the sell side helping management and investors structure deals to achieve liquidity on a tax-efficient basis or on the buy side helping buyers quickly identify and mitigate risks in the businesses they are acquiring and close deals in a fast and cost-effective manner. Every new deal brings unique challenges, and it’s exciting to come up with ways to overcome them.”
J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law 1996
M.J., University of California, Berkeley 1989
B.S., Biochemistry, University of California, Davis 1986
honors & awards
Robert B. Fraser Pro Bono Award, Arts & Business Council of Greater Boston, September 2020
- Representation of companies in connection with merger and acquisition transactions, including, among others, the sale of The Aite Group to Pamlico Capital, the sale of Natural Capital Partners to a PE-sponsored company.
- Represented Certica Solutions in its sale to Instructure (NYSE: INST).
- Represents Akmazo Capital on buy-side transactions for the fund as well as the fund’s portfolio companies.
- Represented Certica Solutions in connection with its acquisition by a PE fund and seven subsequent bolt-on acquisitions over a five-year period, including, among others, the acquisition of Academic Benchmarks, TE21 and K-12 Dynamics.
- Outside corporate counsel for, among others, Avant-garde Health, Inc., Capchase Inc., Neuromotion, Inc. (d/b/a Mightier.com), Climate Impact Partners, Sonoro Global Media and Xeno Biosciences, Inc.
- Representation of Founder Collective and Magnetic Ventures in their investments in portfolio companies.