Ms. Dunbar concentrates her practice in all aspects of probate and family court litigation in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island, including will contests, representation of trustees, executors and beneficiaries, guardianships, conservatorships, divorce, paternity, child custody, alimony, and modification matters. Prior to joining Burns & Levinson in October of 2010, Ms. Dunbar served as a judicial law clerk at the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court. Ms. Dunbar clerked for the justices in Plymouth, Bristol and Barnstable Counties.
- Boston Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- Plymouth District Bar Association
- The American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators, Founding Member
- Ms. Dunbar is a regular contributor to the firm blog Divorce Law Monitor.
- The American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators awarded Ms. Dunbar the designation of Certified Financial Litigator in 2015. The AACFL is a private organization whose standards for certification are not regulated by a state authority or the American Bar Association.
- While serving as a judicial law clerk, Ms. Dunbar helped research and author a Probate and Family Court decision that received significant media attention from the local and national press.
- While attending law school, Ms. Dunbar was a law clerk at The Law Office of Karen Auclair Oliveira in Lincoln, Rhode Island from 2006 – 2008, where she helped author the winning appellate brief for a seminal Rhode Island Supreme Court decision regarding child support and military benefits. In addition, during law school, Ms. Dunbar served as a legal research assistant and President of the Justinian Law Society.
- Ms. Dunbar served as an attorney in the Community Justice Clinic in Providence, Rhode Island where she represented incarcerated inmates in all aspects of family law, including divorce, paternity, child support, and child custody.
- J.D., cum laude; Roger Williams University School of Law, 2008
- B.A., summa cum laude; Salve Regina University, 2005
- Ms. Dunbar was selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Rising Stars ® (2013-2014). Super Lawyers and Rising Stars employ an annual jurisdictional selection process. Only five percent of lawyers in the state were selected to the Super Lawyers list and 2.5 percent to the Rising Stars list. The listing appears annually in the November issue of Boston magazine and in New England Super Lawyers.
- Ms. Dunbar was awarded the CALI Award in Employment Law and Family Law.
- Ms. Dunbar was recipient of the Regina Scholarship.
Recent Articles and Publications:
Fiduciary Litigation in the Probate Court
Editors: Peter Zupcofska and Lisa Cukier. Other Burns & Levinson contributing authors: Brian Bixby, Elizabeth Crowley, Lisa Cukier, Andrea Dunbar, Tiffany Howard, Robert O'Regan, Sharon Quinan, Susan Stenger and Peter Zupcofska.
Parental Alienation in Divorce: The Kelly Rutherford Divorce Saga
Massachusetts Divorce Law Monitor Blog, October 10, 2012
Reclaiming Your Name
Massachusetts Divorce Law Monitor Blog, April 15, 2011
A blog post about changing your name after divorce.