Angelina Landi is an associate in the Private Client Group with a focus on family law. Her work involves high-conflict divorce and separation actions, complex property distributions, alimony and child support, and difficult child custody matters, including interstate custody and relocation issues. She also handles prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth, & Families (DCYF) actions, grandparent and sibling visitation rights, adoptions and guardianships, and domestic abuse petitions.
Because family law is extremely personal, Angelina prioritizes listening to each client’s unique needs from the outset and working with them to map out a plan to achieve their goals. “With divorce comes tremendous stress and uncertainty,” she notes. “Our clients are worried about how this process is going to affect their future; it affects everything from their financial security to the well-being of their children.” Angelina says that her greatest strength as an attorney is helping people determine their ultimate goals for litigation – and keeping those goals in focus in every decision made throughout the process.
J.D., Roger Williams School of Law
B.S., Broadcast Journalism, University of Southern California
honors & awards
Professional Excellence in Law Award – Adoption, Marital, and Family Law, Rhode Island Monthly, 2022
10 Best Family Law Attorneys in RI, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2022
SuperLawyers Rising Star, 2020-2022
Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under Age 40, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2015-2021
CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Criminal Defense Clinic, 2012
- Foster Child Mentor
Partners Overcoming Domestic Violence
- Attorney Mentor
Roger Williams School of Law Pro Bono Collaborative
- Consulting Attorney on Family Law Issues
• Helped a client successfully protect his premarital investment assets in a highly contested divorce proceeding.
• Assisted a client in obtaining guardianship of his nephew from Venezuela to assist him with moving beyond difficult living conditions and obtaining a college education in America.
• Assisted a client in successfully transferring a contested custody matter from Tennessee to Rhode Island and putting in place restrictions on traveling to visit their father out of state during COVID.
• Assisted grandparents in obtaining custody of, and eventually adopting, their grandchild who had been placed in non-relative foster care by DCYF.
• Assisted a mother in obtaining a restraining order against the father of her child whose threats specifically included attempts to interfere with her employment.
• Assisted a mother in regaining placement of her child who had been removed by DCYF.
• Assisted a husband in receiving a larger portion of the marital estate where the wife had engaged in infidelity.
• Assisted a stepfather in adopting his stepdaughter.
• Assisted a mother in obtaining sole custody and supervised visitation for her child where the father failed to co-parent and engage safely with the child.
• Assisted a mother in securing more than $30,000 in arrears, plus counsel fees, for child support and other expenses relative to the parties’ child.
• Successfully appealed a negative DCYF administrative decision to the chief judge of the Rhode Island Family Court that resulted not only in clearing my client’s record, but an award of a counsel fee.
Rhode Island Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
The Edward P. Gallogly Inn of Court
American Association for Justice – Chair, Family Law, 2017-2018; Chair, Elect Family Law, 2016-2017; Vice Chair, Family Law, 2015-2016
Rhode Island Association for Justice
Trial Presentation Technology on a Small Scale – Rules of Practice; American Association for Justice Family Law Newsletter, 2014
“Effectively Present Each Case in Writing and in Hearings”, Speaker, NBI Divorce Motion & Trial Practice, June 2021
“COVID Valuation Issues”, Edward P. Gallogly Family Law Inn of Court, 2020
“Negotiation College”, Edward P. Gallogly Family Law Inn of Court, 2019
“Finding Money On and Off Tax Returns for Child Support Calculations”, Edward P. Gallogly Family Law Inn of Court, 2017
“Trial Presentation Technology”, Rhode Island Bar Association Annual Meeting, 2014
“Trial Presentation Technology”, Edward P. Gallogly Rhode Island Inn of Court Meeting, 2014