An associate in the Corporate group, Nana Atsem works closely with startup and later-stage companies across the corporate life cycle, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, securities offerings, and general representation and counseling.
Nana is on the cutting edge of legal strategies that expand development opportunities, helping companies meet their objectives and take their organizations to the next level. A strategic advocate, she provides advice that resolves immediate issues while being attentive to the overall transaction and compliance with applicable legal requirements.
While working with clients, Nana ensures that communication is a priority to understand their concerns. She also anticipates their needs, taking the initiative to identify potential issues, and offers thoughtful and sound counsel. Whether providing guidance on SEC reporting and disclosure obligations, stock exchange rules and regulations, or a broad range of corporate governance matters, she is well-equipped to advocate for her clients with the necessary research and analysis.
Nana earned her B.S. from the University of Charleston and her J.D. from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. Outside of work, she volunteers with Project Citizenship, which provides free legal services to help permanent residents become U.S. citizens.
J.D., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Cum Laude
B.S., University of Charleston, Cum Laude
honors & awards
Note, Choin v. Mukasey: The Road to Permanent Residency through U.S. Citizen Marriage & Divorce, North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation (Spring 2010)
Mergers and Acquisitions/Private Equity
- Represented a clean electrification company in a business combination with a blank check company, a subsidiary of the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm.
- Represented a blank check company in a business combination with a developer of silicon photonics technology targeting wearable healthcare applications.
- Represented a multinational information technology company in its acquisition of a provider of remote computing software.
- Represented a private equity firm in its acquisition of a provider of high-speed internet access management and support solutions.
- Represented a private equity firm and its portfolio company in its sale to another private equity firm.
- Represented a leading company in the digital font industry in its sale to a middle market private equity firm for all of the outstanding shares of the company valued at $19.85 per share in cash, representing an aggregate equity value of approximately $825 million.
- Represented a leading global private equity firm in its acquisition of a software-as-a-service (SAAS) electronic health record provider (EHR) for behavioral health and human service organizations.
- Represented a public clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company in its sale to a public global biopharmaceutical company for approximately $13.1 billion.
- Represented a software company in its acquisition of a publicly traded company in the secure managed file transfer tool arena for $217 million.
- Represented a global public specialty-driven biopharmaceutical group in its acquisition of a clinical-stage company for up to $1.04 billion in upfront cash and contingent consideration.
- Represented a blank check company in its $300 million SPAC IPO.
- Represented a NYSE-listed real estate investment trust specializing in the acquisition, development and management of Class A commercial properties in a registered offering and at-the-market offerings.
- Represented an infrastructure engineering software company in a public offering of 10,000,000 shares of its Class B common stock.
Massachusetts Bar Association
Boston Bar Association