Robert Rives represents clients in mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and strategic planning, equity co-investments, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures and private investment fund formation, and other middle-market transactions ranging in size from $25 million to $500 million.
Robert represents strategic and financial buyers as well as public and private companies. He has broad experience in the acquisition, divestiture, regulation, operation, recapitalization, and financing of senior housing facilities throughout the United States. Additionally, he has represented clients in a host of complex transactions in the senior housing field involving joint ventures, bankruptcy acquisitions and equity and debt transactions.
J.D, University of Virginia, 1984
B.A., magna cum laude, Amherst College, 1977
- Represented strategic and financial buyers and operators for over 15 years involving more than $1 billion of assets in senior housing facilities in the assisted living field and related debt and equity financings.
- Represented developers and investors in complex joint venture financings, transactions with real estate investment trusts and HUD and other federal financing programs.
- Represented a client in the acquisition of a VoIP phone service company in bankruptcy, from initial auction to closing.
- Represented a management team in the leveraged buyout of a regional chain of pharmacies and distributor of surgical and medical supplies.
- Represented a wealth advisory management company in its sale to a strategic buyer for over $75 million with a complex earn out.
- Represented a public company in a going-private transaction and subsequent asset sale to a foreign investor.
- Represented multiple start-ups in formation and fund raising efforts, including a company focused on organ transplant technologies licensed from one of Boston’s leading teaching hospitals.
Northeast Health System
- Board of Trustees
- Chair, Senior Health Division