District of Columbia
United States Supreme Court
Prior to joining Burns & Levinson, Mr. Moskol served as Vice President, Senior Asset Manager and Counsel for Capital Crossing, a division of Lehman Brothers Bank, F.S.B/Capital Crossing Servicing Company, LLC. While there, he established, implemented and oversaw the overall legal strategy and direction of a $800 million national commercial loan portfolio. Mr. Moskol also managed all outstanding legal matters and cases for the non performing loans in the portfolio, which included assessing risk and cost of various options, negotiating, resolving and restructuring the loans. In addition, he advised senior management on all legal inquiries regarding the portfolio, which included restructuring and work out of debt, bankruptcy and other litigation matters, real estate and associated tax issues while assisting with overall portfolio maintenance with sensitivity to valuation and pricing issues.
Mr. Moskol was previously a member of the Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Department at the the law firm Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo, P.C. Mr. Moskol represented investors and other institutional clients in matters pertaining primarily to commercial and bankruptcy law, fixed income investments and corporate debt reorganizations and workouts. He counseled a national client base on debt offerings, director and officer liability, restructuring and bankruptcy issues, corporate structure and governance, transaction and acquisition issues. Mr. Moskol also has extensive experience drafting, negotiating and litigation public and private debt offerings and related documentation. While at Mintz Levin, he developed a specialty practice representing insurers and Board of Directors throughout the country in bankruptcy and other insolvency proceedings with respect to coverage liability and D&O issues.
Representative Transactions and Clients:
- Representation of debtor and creditor in corporate and real estate reorganization under Chapter 11
- Representation of borrower and lender in commercial and mortgage debt restructuring transactions
- Business acquisition and divestitures through bankruptcy, secured party sales transactions and other distressed situations
- Acquisition transactions on behalf of manufacturing, health care, real estate and technology companies
- Enforcement and defense of secured and unsecured creditor rights in bankruptcy and receivership proceedings
- Representation of purchasers and sellers of loans and loan portfolios
- Representation of bondholder and indenture trustee in workouts, reorganizations, bankruptcies and insolvency proceedings and commercial litigation
- Representing insurer interests in mass tort bankruptcies and insolvency proceedings
- Representing interests of policy holders and insurers with respect to D&O, property, general liability and title insurance policies in bankruptcy and other distressed situations
- Advising Board of Directors with respect to insolvency and bankruptcy issues including fiduciary duties, D&O policies, and zone of insolvency obligations
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association, Northeast Chapter, Board of Directors
- Mr. Moskol has lectured at Boston College and the Balkan Studies Institute.
- Mr. Moskol attended teh Erasmus International Law Program of Leiden University in Holland.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 1992
- A.B., Brown University, 1989
- Mr. Moskol was selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Rising Stars® (2007 and 2006). Super Lawyers and Rising Stars employ an annual jurisdictional selection process. Only five percent of lawyers in the state were selected to the Super Lawyers list and 2.5 percent to the Rising Stars list. The listing appears annually in the November issue of Boston magazine and in New England Super Lawyers.
3/26/2010, Providence Business News - Five Questions With: Scott Moskol
Scott Moskol was quoted in this article by Chris Barrett.
Recent Articles and Publications:
Get To Know Us
Boston Spirit Magazine, May/June 2012
Get To Know Us...
Boston Spirit Magazine, Seasonal People Issue, May/June 2010
Rebuilding and Renewal - In Business and the Community: An Interview with Scott Moskol
Boston Spirit Magazine, January/February 2010
Bankruptcy often not best path to reorganization
Providence Business News, February 8, 2010
Get To Know Us...
Boston Spirit Magazine, Seasonal People issue, May/June 2009
Post-Confirmation Settlement Agreements, The Implication on Insurance Proceeds
The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, Volume 6, Number 5, June 5, 2007
Mr. Moskol co-authored this article.
D&O Insurance and Bankruptcy, 9.10.2007
Location: National CPCU Society Annual Meeting