Angela Dowd joined Burns & Levinson in 1998, starting in Human Resources before moving to the Technology Department, where she served as the Director of Practice Innovation before accepting the position of CIO.
Angela uses her extensive experience as a strategic tech leader to develop and implement innovative solutions that improve business and client value. She is responsible for technology, information governance, and research at the firm. Angela is also co-chair of the firm’s BIPOC affinity group.
Angela has been an active member of the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) for many years. Most recently, she served on the Board of Directors for six years, with two years as President. She has spoken at the annual ILTA conference on leadership, innovation, and women in technology. In addition, Angela has spoken at conferences for the Association of Legal Administrators, the Legal Marketing Association, and the Law Firm Alliance. She graduated from Cornell University with a degree in Communications with a concentration in Scientific Writing.
B.S., Cornell University – Communications with a concentration in Scientific Writing.
International Legal Technology Association
- NetDocuments Inspire Conference, “Women in Technology” (Panelist, virtual, October 2021)
- Litera – The Changing Lawyer, “Lawyer Tech Adoption” (Panelist, virtual; October 2021)
- ILTA National Conference, “Keep Calm and Lead On – Crisis Leadership” (Moderator, Las Vegas, NV; August 2021)
- ILTA Hopcast Podcast (Speaker, August 2021)
- ILTA Getting A Seat at the Table Podcast (Speaker, March 2020)
- ILTA National Conference, “Organizing for Innovation” (Panelist, Orlando, FL; August 2019)
- ILTA National Conference, “ILTA’s Town Hall” (Speaker, Las Vegas, NV; August 2017)
- Law Firm Alliance, “Technology, Security, Efficiency” (Speaker, Miami, FL; October 2014)
- ILTA National Conference, “Talk to Yourself and Be Crazy (Productive)” (Panelist, Nashville, TN; August 2014)
- ILTA National Conference, “The Modern Enterprise Desktop: Moving Forward With Ease” (Panelist; Las Vegas, NV; August 2013)
- ILTA National Conference, “The ‘Accidental’ PM: Managing Projects Without Formal Project Managers” (Panelist; Las Vegas, NV; August 2013)
- Legal Marketing Association – New England Chapter “Social Media Policy” (Panel; Boston, MA; November 2011)
- ILTA National Conference, “Windows 7 Deployment” (Speaker; Nashville, TN; August 2011)
- Association of Legal Administrators National Conference, “Wikis & Internal E-Collaboration” (Speaker; Boston, MA; May 2010)