Caitlin Barrett is a partner in the Business Law group known amongst her enterprise-level clients for thorough, high-quality work. Lenders and borrowers seek Caitlin's representation in a variety of commercial finance transactions, including asset-based financings, acquisition financings and working capital facilities of all sizes. In addition, she frequently advises both purchasers and sellers in the structuring and negotiation of mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures in a broad range of industries, including consumer products, retail, and technology. Caitlin also counsels clients on corporate governance matters.
J.D., Northeastern University School of Law, 2009
B.S., Georgetown University, 2006
honors & awards
Boston Magazine’s Top Lawyers List, Corporate (2022)
Massachusetts Rising Stars (2019-2021)
- Represented a seller in a $20 million sale of a digital media company.
- Represented a purchaser in a $40 million acquisition of a polypropylene compounder.
- Represented a purchaser in a $37 million acquisition of a chemical distributor.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in its $17 million acquisition of an HVAC company and its $14 million acquisition of a franchiser of in-home care services.
- Represented a seller in a $80 million sale of a software company.
- Structured and negotiated numerous secured credit facilities of all sizes for major lending institutions.
American Bar Association
Boston Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Association