Lauren Medeiros Forster is an associate in the firm’s Corporate department. Her practice focuses on commercial contracts, mergers & acquisitions, finance, securities, lending, and private equity matters. Her clients range from early stage and family-owned businesses to well-established national and international operators from a wide range of industries including cannabis, banking, information technology, life sciences, biotech, plastics and recyclables, processing, and distribution.
Lauren represents clients on both the buy and sell side of complex corporate transactions including strategic acquisitions, capital raises, equity and debt financing, stock purchases, and asset sales. She negotiates commercial agreements for clients providing services to customers and other B2B contracts. She also assists in providing regulatory guidance to private and public companies on matters relating to corporate governance, equity compensation, and securities law compliance and disclosure.
J.D., magna cum laude, Suffolk University Law School
B.A., Assumption College
Lauren believes in the importance of community involvement and enjoys volunteering to provide legal services to women at Rosie’s Place, a homeless shelter in Boston.
- Advising start-ups and emerging companies of various industries in negotiating commercial agreements such as independent contractor agreements and master services agreements
- Advising businesses on corporate governance and structuring and serving as outside general counsel for corporate matters
- Represented a healthcare data solutions and marketing company in a $90 million strategic acquisition with an international competitor headquartered in the United States
- Represented an emerging cannabis operator in a $35 million capital raise
- Represented a privately held podcast studio/production company in an equity sale to a public broadcasting and radio network platform company
- Represented a venture capital fund in a Series A financing of a data software company
- Represented a vertically integrated cannabis operator in a $40 million equity and debt financing
- Represented a credit card processing company in a $60M strategic equity sale to an international independent service organization
- Represented a cannabis operator in a strategic joint venture in an emerging state newly legalizing cannabis
- Serve as outside general counsel in negotiating commercial agreements and advisement of legal market trends for clients of a variety of industries
Boston Bar Association
Rhode Island Bar Association
Women’s Bar Association
“Building for Growth,” Panelist, Initiative for Competitive Inner City (ICIC), September 2022
“LFA Cannabis Community: The Associate’s Perspective, April 2022,” Panelist, Law Firm Alliance, April 2022
“Women of Business Law,” Panelist, Suffolk University Law School Business Law Association, September 2019