Robert A. Petitt is a partner in the firm's Corporate Group, where he focuses on securities law, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance matters for both public and private company clients. Rob advises public companies in connection with capital markets transactions and a variety of securities law matters, and draws on his extensive securities law experience to assist with ongoing SEC reporting obligations. Rob has represented buyers and sellers in a variety of complex M&A transactions, and takes pride in effectively and efficiently representing his clients' interests.
Prior to joining Burns Levinson in 2015, Rob was an associate at Goodwin Procter LLP in Boston, where he advised public companies, including REITs, pharmaceutical companies and software companies, on reporting obligations and compliance under federal and state securities laws. In addition, he advised clients on corporate governance matters and represented public company acquirers in several multi-billion dollar M&A transactions. Rob has also represented issuers in a variety of capital markets offerings, including initial public offerings, at-the market offerings and registered debt offerings.
J.D., cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2009
B.A., cum laude, Dartmouth College, 2006
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in connection with preparing a shelf registration statement and conducting at-the-market and registered direct offerings off of the shelf registration statement.
- Represented a medical device company in connection with a $15 million equity line of credit.
- Represented an electronics company in connection with a $1.6 million PIPE offering.
- Represented a life sciences company in connection with a $4.9 million registered direct offering.
- Represented the lead underwriter in a $4 million underwritten public offering.
- Represented a media services company in connection with its acquisition by a global media company.
- Represented a data and analytics company in connection with its Series B round.
- Represented a regional supermarket company in connection with its acquisition of eight grocery stores.
Association for Corporate Growth
Boston Bar Association
Boston University Law Review
- Senior Articles Editor
“Corporate and Investment Law in the Cannabis Industry,” Speaker, Boston Bar Association’s Cannabis Law Conference, November 2018